Resepi asal : Lydia ( http://mykitch3n.blogspot.com )
4 egg yolks
20gm caster sugar
40gm vegetable cooking oil
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp durian essence (optional)
100gm cake flour (or 85gm all purpose flour + 15gm cornflour)
½ tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
100gm caster sugar
⅛ tsp cream of tartar
½ cup durian flesh, pureed
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients A until combined.
- Sift together ingredients B, then add into (2) and mix well. Set aside for later use.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks. Add in sugar and cream of tartar and continue to beat until stiff.
- Take ¼ of the meringue and mix with (3) until well mixed. Gradually add in remaining meringue, and lastly stir in durian puree. Stir until just combined.
- Transfer batter into chiffon pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Invert the cake immediately after taking out from oven, and cool on rack completely before turning out from mould.